Monday 20 March 2017

Unexpected Twist

UNEXPECTED TWIST

I don’t know what I would have done
 if this had happened to me
At the dawn of my life
I don’t know how I would have felt
If the bubbles kept bursting
 one after the other
If my dreams had been drowned
in the waves of despair
If I had felt
that push in the dark,
that slap in the face,
that stab in the back
But I do know
You are a strong girl
With a sensitive soul
And a caring nature
I do know you are scared of what

 the future holds for you
With your big brown watery eyes
Looking down into the dark alley
Searching for answers
Desperately reaching for help
But your thoughts are blown away
Like feathers in the wind
I have been in your shoes
Not so long ago
So I can tell you
You can still have goals
You can still experience the wonder of life
Have a taste of the sweet moments
And a taste of the bitter truths
You can still mix salty tears
With sour-sweet laughs
Do not worry what others think
Just follow the path
God is revealing to you
Everyone’s different
Especially you
With your long curly hair
And your great gift
To make people happy
So try walking through life
Holding your head up high
 And with your hands open
So you can catch
The snowflakes and the rain
The wind kisses and the sunny rays
Your journey will be challenging
Full of surprises and more unexpected twists
And that’s what makes it worth living.

 DESPINA    KARAMITSOU 

No comments:

Post a Comment