Saturday 19 September 2015

Sleeping Beauty

Last week I had to go to hospital for a Datscan. Not my favourite thing at all! I hate needles, especially those that are stuck in my veins,,,
Anyway, the nurse was smart enough to let me lie on the bed while she performed her duties and I was fine. Next, I had to see the doctor who was confident enough to let me sit on a big black chair.
I began to feel hot and sweaty. My head felt light. He told me I was having a panic attack. I was not. I was as calm as the morning sea. I warned him that I was about to faint. He kept talking to me, reassuring me that I was not. I was right and he was wrong. As he tried to administer the drug I lost consciousness. For three seconds or so he told me when I woke up feeling as if I had had a nightmare.
He had to call his blue eyed assistant to distruct me and only then was he able to succeed.
It was pretty funny to see the amazement in his face. He had been so sure about it! He never expected to end up with a Sleeping Beauty in his hands!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment